New England Base Camp in Milton- Merit Badge Programs
In-Person Sessions Now Available!
$25 per Scout. 20% Adv. Card Discount. Please register, no walk-ins.
Depending on the badge, scouts can complete most or all of the requirements. Please bring blue cards signed by your Scoutmaster. If you use Scoutbook, it will make data input easier.
December 11, 2021
In collaboration with FEMA, the Spirit of Adventure Council and Daniel Webster Council is hosting the ReadyScout Merit Badge Event where Scouts will have the opportunity to earn several merit badges all focused on emergency readiness and public safety. ReadyScout will be held in two locations, New England Base Camp in Milton, MA and Granite Base Camp in Manchester, NH.
Merit Badge Instructors will be professionals from our partners for all courses. Scouts should arrive at 8:15am for check-in and bring a lunch. Lunch will be from 12pm - 1pm.
Click on your desired badge(s) to register.
Merit Badge Courses Available - New England Base Camp - Milton, MA
- Crime Prevention - 8:30am-10:30am & 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Law - 8:30am-10:30am & 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Signs, Signals, & Codes - 8:30am-12:30pm
- Public Health - 8:30am-12:30pm & 1:00pm-5:00-mm
- Fire Safety - 10:30am-12:30pm & 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Traffic Safety - 10:30am-12:30pm & 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Emergency Preparedness - 1:00pm-5:00pm - SOLD OUT
- First Aid - 8:30am-12:30pm
New England Base Camp in Milton- Open Program
Join us for our Saturday program! Work on Merit Badges! From 10:00am- 5:00pm the campground is open for exploring. Come and give archery a try and then head over to the axe yard to learn to chop/split and plane a log. Be sure to save some time to go swimming, try rock climbing, throw a tomahawk, test your skills at outdoor cooking and dig up a dinosaur.
How to participate:
- Open Program- Follow your own path and explore the campgrounds
- Pathways- Use one of our fun Outdoor Activity Pathways that will lead you throughout the camp while doing themed-activities. You can even fulfill advancement or training requirements on the way.
- Advancement- Leaders, Parents, and Counselors can work with Scouts on specific Adventures or Merit Badges
Only $20 per person. Free for Adventure Card Members.