Summer 2021 at WTC

Hello Troop Leaders,


After much deliberation and thoughtful consideration, the Executive Board of The Spirit of Adventure Council has made the difficult decision not to run summer resident camp in 2021.


The economic impact of the COVID restrictions has made it impossible to run camp without significant financial deficit, or transferring those costs to an already burdened membership – you.  Special staffing requirements, COVID testing standards, higher food expenses, and uncertain attendance all were factors that went into the decision.  This was not an easy decision, and we ultimately needed to decide to do what’s best for our Scouts, and make sure that regardless of where they go, that we help ensure they get a quality summer experience.


It is with that in mind, that we are collaborating with The Daniel Webster Council (Griswold Scout Reservation) and The Narragansett Council (Yawgoog Scout Reservation), as the preferred recommendations for summer resident camp in 2021.  These camps have a larger membership and attendance base, allowing them to better absorb the increased costs of COVID.  The Adventure Card will be reciprocal at both camps.  So, our Scouts will receive any Adventure Card discount benefits for those camps.  We have been working closely with both camps to help make sure the transition to either would be as seamless as possible.


Griswold Scout Reservation located in Gilmanton Iron Works, New Hampshire.  Their weeks of operations are June 27-August 21.  The only week that is closed is the week of July 11-17.  Contact Skip Chase, [email protected] for more information, or visit


Yawgoog Scout Reservation located in Rockville, Rhode Island.  Their weeks of operations are June 27-August 21.  There is currently availability for all weeks. Contact Tom Sisson, [email protected] for more information, or visit


Currently, there is a travel advisory for travel to and from MA.  If the advisory is still in place at the time of summer camp, we will allow travel for the purpose of going to summer resident camp.  If conditions get worse and stricter travel restrictions are imposed, both camps will fully refund any deposits or payments made.  So, don’t let that uncertainty hold you back from making plans for this summer.


Because of the contained conditions and frequent testing, we are able to allow travel during an advisory for summer resident campThose conditions are not in place with individual Scout units.  We are closely monitoring the state directives and hope to be able to add short-term camping in New Hampshire relatively soon.



A special Camp Roundtable with representatives from both camps will be held on Tuesday, April 13 at 7pm. To rsvp for the Roundtable CLICK HERE


We appreciate your patience as we continue to navigate through these challenging times, and endeavor to provide the best Scouting experience for our youth.


Yours in Scouting,

John Andres

Council Commissioner


Jerry Cross

Council VP of Program


Jonathan Pleva

Director of Field Service/COO