Advancement reports from Scoutbook are accepted at Scout Shops.
The Scoutbook database is the official record of advancement for the Boy Scouts of America.
All units in our council have been set up in Scoutbook to track advancement and to print reports when ordering badges and patches from the Scout Shop. If you do not have access to your account, please contact Marian McQuaid.
Merit Badge Counselor Information
- Merit Badge Counselor Application
- Merit Badge Counselor Qualifications
- FAQ - Merit Badge Counselor Automatic Upload to ScoutBook
- All Merit Badge counselors must complete adult application, youth protection training, national disclosure form, and Massachusetts CORI form.
For information for Eagle Scouts and their parents, click HERE.
DIRECTIONS FOR CREATING LIST OF MERIT BADGE COUNSELORS
- Log into Scoutbook.com
- Click on MY DASHBOARD
- Click on ADMINISTRATION
- Click on your Unit
- Click on ROSTER
- Scroll to PRINT ROSTER and click on it
- On the LEFT HAND SIDE, click the unit
- Click on ALL ADULTS (make sure Scouts is unclicked)
- On RIGHT HAND SIDE
- Click ADULT LEADER OPTIONS (adds email address)
- Click MERIT BADGE COUNSELOR OPTION (adds Merit Badges)
- Under SCOUTS, click SHOW BSA MEMBER ID
- Click RUN (at top)
- Pick CSV
- Save the excel file with a name formatted like this:
District Troop # Town MBC LIST Example: GBH Troop 7B Dedham MBC LIST
- Check with everyone listed that the email address is correct
- Check that the Merit Badges listed are accurate, they have current certifications if required
- Have Scoutmaster and Committee Chair review the list.
Make sure that people aren’t stretched too thin by offering to be a counselor for many badges. Check that the list doesn’t have lots of counselors for same badge.
- Make any changes on the list needed
- Once the list is corrected and approved (signed by one of the Key 3), scan and email to [email protected].